- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
- Palomar Health Choses EXTENSION's Alert Management Software Solution
- Event Log Management & Compliance Best Practices: For Government & Healthcare Industry Sectors
- Managed Care for Medicaid - Assess, Implement, and Administer
- The Need for Data Loss Prevention Now
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) intends to establish an appeals process for the Medicare electronic health record (EHR) incentive program.
CMS, to that end, has awarded a $2.25 million contract to Provider Resources Inc., of Erie, Pa., to help develop the administrative appeals process, and evaluate and promote the infrastructure to support it.
Provider Resources, which provides analysis and education about program integrity and healthcare quality, will also support CMS with problem identification and system solutions for the appeals process, according to a Sept. 22 notice in Federal Business Opportunities.
The vendor will also work with CMS and other partners to conduct outreach about the appeals process.
CMS said in August that it is working to come up with the policy and procedures for an appeal process for Medicare providers participating in the EHR incentive program.