- Case Study: Blood Systems Expands Remote Access Connectivity to Prepare for Disaster
- Advanced Text Mining Improves Medicare Advantage Coding
- Emerging Technologies and Insurance Fraud
- Delivering the Future of Healthcare: Maintain Compliance, Improve Efficiency and Continuity of Care...Virtually Anywhere
- Saving Lives Virtually – A Day in the Life of Today’s Physician
To aid health entities in managing the HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 mandates, CMS has made available what it’s calling "timeline widgets."
The resources come one week after CMS selected 3M's ICD-10 tools for coding translation, and shortly after the agency held National HIPAA 5010 Testing Week.
CMS has tailored the widgets for payers, large providers, small providers and vendors. The vendor-specific option, for instance, lists 12 “actions to take immediately,” for HIPAA 5010 and six more regarding ICD-10.
The timeline naturally begins prior to the Jan. 1, 2011 Level 1 compliance suggestion, but the widget does break out where vendors should be with three months left, two months left, and then one month out.
“The widget and timelines are public domain,” according to CMS. “CMS encourages organizations to distribute them widely through posting to websites and other channels.”
As such, the widgets can be downloaded to a desktop or mobile device, and PDFs are available for printing, CMS noted.
On the same CMS resource page are documents that let providers see the important dates for both EHR incentive programs and HIPAA 5010/ICD-10.