- VA awards Firstview mobile device manager task
- VA expects to award MDM tool by Sept. 30
- VA tests iPhone EHR app for summer rollout
- HIMSS names advisory panel for Government Health IT Conference
- IDC's 5 stages to ACO maturity
- HIMSS network study shows IT challenges, priorities
- Q&A: Why IT security grows more complex
- mHealth tools need to be financially self-sustainable, report finds
- Kathleen Sebelius turns to Twitter
- Humetrix to demo UK version of iBlueButton to NHS
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
- Case Study: Blood Systems Expands Remote Access Connectivity to Prepare for Disaster
- Futureproofing Healthcare with Converged Medical Infrastructure
- The Power of User Virtualization: Meeting Meaningful Use, Optimizing IT and Clinical Productivity
- Proactive Security and Privacy Monitoring for Modern Healthcare Networks
To aid health entities in managing the HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 mandates, CMS has made available what it’s calling "timeline widgets."
The resources come one week after CMS selected 3M's ICD-10 tools for coding translation, and shortly after the agency held National HIPAA 5010 Testing Week.
CMS has tailored the widgets for payers, large providers, small providers and vendors. The vendor-specific option, for instance, lists 12 “actions to take immediately,” for HIPAA 5010 and six more regarding ICD-10.
The timeline naturally begins prior to the Jan. 1, 2011 Level 1 compliance suggestion, but the widget does break out where vendors should be with three months left, two months left, and then one month out.
“The widget and timelines are public domain,” according to CMS. “CMS encourages organizations to distribute them widely through posting to websites and other channels.”
As such, the widgets can be downloaded to a desktop or mobile device, and PDFs are available for printing, CMS noted.
On the same CMS resource page are documents that let providers see the important dates for both EHR incentive programs and HIPAA 5010/ICD-10.