- ONC launches cancer care app challenge
- ONC unwraps rural HIE toolbox
- What to expect from federal HIT officials at HIMSS13
- AMA, CHIME Stage 3 comments focus on usability, speed and scale
- CCHIT working on health IT framework for ACOs
- Top 2013 issues on state CIOs' radar
- OIG calls for random audits of EHR payments
- AHRQ to examine health IT, practice workflow redesign
- Event Log Management & Compliance Best Practices: For Government & Healthcare Industry Sectors
- Your Cloud in Healthcare - How to Use the Cloud to Achieve Greater Business Agility
- Taming Complexity: A New Solution for In-House Healthcare EDI
- The Need for Data Loss Prevention Now
- Advanced Text Mining Improves Medicare Advantage Coding
Theof the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) is seeking members for a new workgroup focused on accountable care.
ONC officials say the HIT Policy Committee's Accountable Care Workgroup will be charged with making recommendations on howpolicies and programs can advance the evolution of a health IT infrastructure that helps providers to improve care and population health while reducing costs in accountable care models.
[See also: HHS CTO highlights ChenMed model]
The workgroup will focus on specific and high-priority areas, officials say, where programs and policies can shape the availability and use of health IT infrastructure necessary for accountable care organizations (ACOs) to realize the triple aim of improving the care of individuals, improving population health and reducing the per capita cost of care.
Nominees should have expertise in ACOs, health analytics, care coordination and/or long term care. Those interestesd in membership of this workgroup can register at ONC's Workgroup Application Database.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 15, 2013.