- Some governors await election to act on HIX deadline
- 6 questions about how the fiscal cliff affects healthcare
- Romney: Repealing ACA could help balance budget
- Obama, Romney trade minor healthcare barbs in second debate
- 9 healthcare questions for Obama, Romney during debate
- As Obama goes so go many groundbreaking ACA benefits
- FAQ: How Romney's VP pick Paul Ryan proposes to change Medicare
Various intrepretations of the party's recent record on these issues aside, it's interesting that at the first Republican National Convention in 1856, the party's platform was "Free speech, free press, free soil, free man, Fremont and Victory," because Twitter is now arguably the global public square, where free speech and free press are by and large flourishing.
Probably not to the RNC's electoral detriment but certainly to some party elders' dissapointment, the 10 most reTweeted Tweets on the convention came from critics and comedians, as the blog Mashable informs:
Barack Obama @BarackObama
Tonight Gov. Christie endorses Mitt Romney at the RNC. Say hi to Team Not-Quite-Last-
Ann's portrayal of her/Mitt being impoverished in college got her in trouble in '94 Sen race. Fact is they lived off Romney stock options. 28 Aug 12
Tonight I hope Chris Christie explains why he thinks gay marriage would hurt his state more than Jersey Shore has. #RNC2012
Beyond those, here's what other Twitter commenters, prominent and not, had to say:
RT @mviser: Times Romney said: America (93) Obama (15) Dad (10) Family (9) Economy(4) Bain (2) Healthcare (1) Mormon (1) Immigration (0)...
BREAKING Exclusive: #GOP2012 surprise guest Ronald Reagan hologram will intro Romney! "Mr. Obama, tear down that health care!"
"my taxes are paying for your health care, do a sit up!"