- Case Study: Blood Systems Expands Remote Access Connectivity to Prepare for Disaster
- Event Log Management & Compliance Best Practices: For Government & Healthcare Industry Sectors
- The Power of User Virtualization: Meeting Meaningful Use, Optimizing IT and Clinical Productivity
- Identifying the Enemies Within Your Healthcare Corridors: Who's Really In Your Systems?
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
Before Election Day, Healthcare IT News asked its readers about the possibility of a Romney presidency and its potential effect on health IT bipartisanship. Here are the results.
The majority of respondents maintained that under a Romney White House, conservatives would look to cut HITECH funding. Alarms were raised among health IT stakeholders when four Republican senators called on the Department of Health and Human Services to suspend meaningful use payments.
Since our survey President Obama has been reelected, so the immediate threat to health IT has dissipated. Only time will tell if support for health IT will remain bipartisan.
The date range of the survey was October 19, 2012 to November 8, 2012.