- A Reference Architecture for Healthcare Benefit Exchange
- Saving Lives Virtually – A Day in the Life of Today’s Physician
- Managed Care for Medicaid - Assess, Implement, and Administer
- Case Study: Blood Systems Expands Remote Access Connectivity to Prepare for Disaster
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
It can be difficult to navigate through all the information Twitter puts out every second of every day – and there's a lot of it. Too often, the info that we're actually looking for and interested in goes unnoticed because of the deluge of perhaps less-than-valuable (to each of us as individuals and organizations) odds-and-ends demanding our attention.
With such big changes happening constantly in the healthcare world – especially with the impending ICD-10 transition – it's important to be able to find pertinent information in a timely fashion.
To help you be able to do that, we've cobbled together a list of some of the best ICD-10 tweeters currently out there. In the interest of full disclosure, Steff Deschenes writes for @ICD10Watch, a MedTech Media publication affiliated with this website.
1. Steve Sisko, @Shimcode, Steve is a healthcare business and technology guru. Along with learning, creating, sharing and curating knowledge about payer and provider healthcare information processes and systems, he's also very savvy when it comes to ICD-10 assessment and remediation. Steve blogs at Shimcode.Blogspot.com.
2. Brad Justus, @Brad_Justus, is a health information management solutions expert who Tweets and blogs at BradJustusBlog.com regularly about ICD-10 implementation, education, training, staff augmentation, coding, management and analysis.
3. @AHIMAResources, the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is a professional association with over 64,000 members. Since its founding in 1928, AHIMA has remained committed to quality healthcare through quality information.
5. @PrecyseTweets, Precyse is part of the health information services and technology industry offering information on transcription, coding, workflow technology, HIM, ODM, CDI and ICD-10 education.
6. @3MHISNews, 3M is a diversified technology company serving customers and communities with products and consulting services to hospitals worldwide, helping them improve quality and financial performance.
7. @OptumCoding, formerly known as Ingenix, Optum delivers electronic applications, code books, services and solutions designed to streamline efficiencies, and access to proprietary data that helps healthcare organizations make informed business decisions.
8. Jim Denny, @J_Denny, Jim is the president and CEO of Navicare, an Internet-based medical claims clearinghouse that helps physician practices increase profitability through improved claims reimbursement and staff productivity.
9. @NUAN_Healthcare, Nuance Healthcare provides clinical understanding solutions that improve the quality of patient care, regulatory compliance and financial performance.
10. Jeff Clark, @JeffClarkCT, Jeff is passionate about the healthcare industry and has worked on business process reengineering and HIPAA 5010 conversions and implemented IT programs related to mergers and acquisitions.
[See also: 9 ways ICD-10 could hurt providers and patients.]
11. Kathy McCoy, @KathyMcCoy, Kathy calls herself a "healthcare marketing maven and direct response expert." She actively Tweets and retweets on EHR, ICD-10, mHealth, and medical practice as a whole.
12. Dorothy Trottier, @MedSpecBiller, Dorothy is tweeting under the Medical Specialty Billing handle. They're a billing service providing reimbursement and information management designed to maximize the performance of physician-based practices and ASCs.
13. @ICD10Online, the Elsevier Revenue Cycle eLearning provides training for healthcare organizations who want to optimize their revenue cycle management processes, maintain financial health and manage the transition to ICD-10 with minimal disruptions.
14. @MedReimburse, Medical Reimbursement, Inc. manages the coding, billing and reimbursement associated with over 1 million provider visits annually throughout the Midwestern U.S.
15. @ICD10Hub, ICD-10 Hub is a source of information about 5010 and ICD-10 news and events. Sponsored by the AAPC and Navicure, it's dedicated to being a resource to help practices and HIT vendors understand how these transitions will impact the entire industry and how every organization can properly prepare.
16. Ken Bradley, @Ken_Bradley, Ken is the vice president of strategic planning and founding member of Navicure, an Internet-based medical claims clearinghouse that helps physician practices increase profitability through improved claims reimbursement and staff productivity. He's also a self-proclaimed 5010/ICD-10 expert.
17. @WEDIonline, WEDI uses health IT to improve healthcare information exchange in order to enhance the quality of care, improve efficiency and to reduce healthcare costs.
18. @Perficient_HC, Perficient delivers both a national and a world-class portfolio of IT healthcare solutions that foster consumer wellness and education.
19. @HospReviewMag, Hospital Review is an online source for cutting-edge business and legal information for hospital leaders and owners.
20. @ICD10_Monitor, ICD-10 Monitor is an online news and information source created to help healthcare providers make informed decisions as they transition to ICD-10. They do a weekly podcast on Tuesdays.