- Taming Complexity: A New Solution for In-House Healthcare EDI
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
- Advanced Text Mining Improves Medicare Advantage Coding
- QualSight LASIK Achieves HIPAA Compliance After Attempted Hack
- Realizing the Promise of Health Information Exchange
In this week's podcast: Government Health IT Editor Tom Sullivan talks with IDC Health Insights group vice president Scott Lundstrom about why to expect a HIX delay, reasons other than money states are still resisting, and why he views the HIX model wherein the federal government funds the project for a limited time as a “tiger trap” for states.
Also, a look at Maine HealthInfoNet's plans for a statewide clinical data warehouse. As executive director Dev Culver says, it's an attempt to test the effectiveness of mining both clinical and claims data and giving providers cost, quality and patient outcomes analysis all in one view.