- HIE in 2013: Climbing past the low-hanging fruit
- APCDs in demand under health reform, HIEs
- Maine HIE probing statewide clinical-claims data warehouse
- HIMSS network study shows IT challenges, priorities
- States focus on consumer experience in Medicaid modernization
- HHS to award $300 million across states for delivery reform
- Delivering the Future of Healthcare: Maintain Compliance, Improve Efficiency and Continuity of Care...Virtually Anywhere
- Futureproofing Healthcare with Converged Medical Infrastructure
- Saving Lives Virtually – A Day in the Life of Today’s Physician
- Connect to Care Interactive Map: Public Sector Healthcare Innovation
- Best Practices for the Implementation of Telepresence in a Telehealth Solution
In this week's podcast: Government Health IT Editor Tom Sullivan talks with IDC Health Insights group vice president Scott Lundstrom about why to expect a HIX delay, reasons other than money states are still resisting, and why he views the HIX model wherein the federal government funds the project for a limited time as a “tiger trap” for states.
Also, a look at Maine HealthInfoNet's plans for a statewide clinical data warehouse. As executive director Dev Culver says, it's an attempt to test the effectiveness of mining both clinical and claims data and giving providers cost, quality and patient outcomes analysis all in one view.