- HIE in 2013: Climbing past the low-hanging fruit
- APCDs in demand under health reform, HIEs
- Maine HIE probing statewide clinical-claims data warehouse
- For NHITweek, reflections on the value of health IT
- ONC to define patient matching best practices
- 3 quality, coordination lessons from the Beacons
- Telehealth connections grow in New England
- Medicaid IT contractor challenges Louisiana termination
- One year after SCOTUS, health law is even more complex
- QualSight LASIK Achieves HIPAA Compliance After Attempted Hack
- Advanced Text Mining Improves Medicare Advantage Coding
- The VNA Strategy: Balancing Workflow and Enterprise Imaging Management
- Taming Complexity: A New Solution for In-House Healthcare EDI
- Saving Lives Virtually – A Day in the Life of Today’s Physician
In this week's podcast: Government Health IT Editor Tom Sullivan talks with IDC Health Insights group vice president Scott Lundstrom about why to expect a HIX delay, reasons other than money states are still resisting, and why he views the HIX model wherein the federal government funds the project for a limited time as a “tiger trap” for states.
Also, a look at Maine HealthInfoNet's plans for a statewide clinical data warehouse. As executive director Dev Culver says, it's an attempt to test the effectiveness of mining both clinical and claims data and giving providers cost, quality and patient outcomes analysis all in one view.