- Case Study: Blood Systems Expands Remote Access Connectivity to Prepare for Disaster
- Delivering Service at the Point of Partnership
- The Need for Data Loss Prevention Now
- Realizing the Promise of Health Information Exchange
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
In this week's podcast: Government Health IT Editor Tom Sullivan talks with IDC Health Insights group vice president Scott Lundstrom about why to expect a HIX delay, reasons other than money states are still resisting, and why he views the HIX model wherein the federal government funds the project for a limited time as a “tiger trap” for states.
Also, a look at Maine HealthInfoNet's plans for a statewide clinical data warehouse. As executive director Dev Culver says, it's an attempt to test the effectiveness of mining both clinical and claims data and giving providers cost, quality and patient outcomes analysis all in one view.