- ONC: 4 ways to make better EHR comparison shopping tools
- Medshpere, OpenVista EHR vendor, signs HHS interoperability pledge
- AHIMA kicks off petition drive to get White House to move on national patient identifier
- AHIMA unveils patient engagement tools for HIM pros
- Poll: Which trends dominated the HIMSS16 conversation?
In this week's podcast: Government Health IT Editor Tom Sullivan talks with IDC Health Insights group vice president Scott Lundstrom about why to expect a HIX delay, reasons other than money states are still resisting, and why he views the HIX model wherein the federal government funds the project for a limited time as a “tiger trap” for states.
Also, a look at Maine HealthInfoNet's plans for a statewide clinical data warehouse. As executive director Dev Culver says, it's an attempt to test the effectiveness of mining both clinical and claims data and giving providers cost, quality and patient outcomes analysis all in one view.