- MACRA proposed rule published by HHS, streamlining federal programs including meaningful use
- CMS modernizes Medicaid managed care regulations, putting focus on improved health data exchange
- Health Data Exploration grants prove potential of personal health information
- Donald Trump says government can lead but healthcare must be private
- RWJF: States that expanded Medicaid saved millions
In this podcast, Government Health IT editor Tom Sullivan considers the new landscape being created by the omnibus HIPAA rule, with HIPAA and meaningful use potentially forming a new protected health information security baseline, and discusses some the remaining HIPAA ambiguities with attorney Bob Belfort, from the law firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips.