- Beyond the EHR: Seamlessly Connecting Nurses and Physicians Using an EHR-Extender (EHR-e)
- A Reference Architecture for Healthcare Benefit Exchange
- Sizing Up Your Cloud Options - Is Now the Time?
- New World Order: Effectively Securing Healthcare Data Through Secure Information Exchanges
- The Power of User Virtualization: Meeting Meaningful Use, Optimizing IT and Clinical Productivity
The Office of the National Coordinator is already starting to design the third phase of meaningful use — with a dual focus on functionality and healthcare outcomes.
At ONC’s Health IT Policy Committee meeting this month — the last for outgoing national coordinator Farzad Mostashari, MD — the Meaningful Use Workgroup, chaired by the Palo Alto Medical Foundation’s Paul Tang, MD, presented a few priorities that have emerged from recent discussions.
The intent the workgroup set is “translating desired health outcomes into meaningful use functionality,” or connecting through goals.
Here are the six ideas laid out thus far:
5. Affordable Care
Podcast: Farzad's Farewell