- Diverse ONC advisory groups help to get MU2 right
- Blumenthal brought disparate forces together to plot EHR adoption
- Mostashari: 3 tactics to redesign care and reap HIT
- HHS creates workgroup to focus on patient safety
- Sebelius calls for faster rate of change
- ONC kicks off consumer health IT campaign
- Panel endorses delay of stage 2 meaningful use to 2014
- Would meaningful use Stage 2 delay ignite ICD-10?
- Mostashari: No CIO should have to choose between ACO, MU
- Panel weighs delaying stage 2 of meaningful use
- A Reference Architecture for Healthcare Benefit Exchange
- Your Cloud in Healthcare - How to Use the Cloud to Achieve Greater Business Agility
- Sizing Up Your Cloud Options - Is Now the Time?
- Palomar Health Choses EXTENSION's Alert Management Software Solution
- Connect to Care Interactive Map: Public Sector Healthcare Innovation
The Office of the National Coordinator is already starting to design the third phase of meaningful use — with a dual focus on functionality and healthcare outcomes.
At ONC’s Health IT Policy Committee meeting this month — the last for outgoing national coordinator Farzad Mostashari, MD — the Meaningful Use Workgroup, chaired by the Palo Alto Medical Foundation’s Paul Tang, MD, presented a few priorities that have emerged from recent discussions.
The intent the workgroup set is “translating desired health outcomes into meaningful use functionality,” or connecting through goals.
Here are the six ideas laid out thus far:
5. Affordable Care
Podcast: Farzad's Farewell